YouTube misses the Ethiopian video train
Today I had the pleasure to learn about Alemayehu’s project EthioTube.net. This is a new video service that aims to become the the leader in Ethiopian online video sharing. They offer something different to YouTube in that they focus on original videos related specifically to Ethiopia.
Services like EthioTube.net very much fill the gap left by western platforms who don’t have the resources, knowledge or local experience needed to be bothered with African markets. This leaves the door wide open for local entrepreneurs willing to take the step. I wasn’t surprised to see over 500 users on EthioTube.net when I went to check out some of their content.
Founded in February 2008, EthioTube.net is now the leader in Ethiopian online video, and the premier destination to watch and share original videos related to Ethiopia worldwide through a web experience. EthioTube.net allows people to easily upload and share video clips related to Ethiopia across the Internet through websites, mobile devices, blogs, and email.
People can see first-hand accounts of current events, find videos about their hobbies and interests, and discover the quirky and unusual. As more people capture special moments on video, EthioTube.net is empowering them to become the broadcasters of tomorrow. Let us see similar platforms springing up across the continent.
About zia505The world is changing right before my eyes. Sometimes I don't know how I will ever keep up. There are so many ideas floating around on this internet. If only I had the means to collect them....
- “@VC4Africa launches open data on African startups” by @billzimmerman medium.com/@billzimmerman… 1 day ago
- RT @VC4Africa: Recent flurry of investments in African startups from a variety of sources qz.com/516848 qz.com/516848 @qz… 3 days ago
- RT @billzimmerman: If you’re curious about how the @VC4Africa dev team uses Git, we follow this workflow pretty much to the letter https://… 1 week ago
Search my blog
See Recent Posts
- Up and running, African Business Angels Network (ABAN) launches at EBAN 2014
- 10 investments for unleashing the entrepreneurial ecosystem
- The latest from the Kauffman Sketchbook – “Go Be An Entrepreneur”
- Launch Angel Investor network in Lagos, Nigeria
- Tech4Africa Google Hangout with African Tech Hubs